REPORTSTO: Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships
STATUS: Full-time exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for an Associate Director of Institutional Partnerships. This is a front-facing role that will be responsible for building a pipeline of corporate and foundation prospects, donor cultivation, engagement, solicitation, and stewardship. The Associate Director will be responsible for managing a portfolio approximately 100 corporate and foundation donors, including the creation and execution of fundraising strategies for select projects. The position requires approximately 5+ years of relevant experience with corporate and foundation donors, and knowledge of Chicago corporate community is required. Lyric's Associate Director of Institutional Partnerships will contribute significantly to the Development Department’s fundraising goals and will focus primarily on corporate and foundations with an annual giving capacity of $10,000 to $50,000 and more.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate leadership in accordance with Lyric’s mission and vision.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships, assist in the creation of strategies, write proposals and letters, and market funding opportunities to new sources of corporate and foundation support for annual, project, and event goals. Proactively create plans for out-of-office/in-person introductory meetings and engagement at networking events.
- In conjunction with the Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships, coordinate activities of the Civic Engagement Committee and Business Ensemble, including member events.Develop and execute communication plans and special events targeted to new corporate prospects, aiming to increase Business Ensemble membership. Proactively create plans for out-of-office/in-person introductory meetings and engagement at networking events.
- Attend Lyric events, dinners, and Board meetings where designated corporate and foundation stakeholders are represented in order to enhance external relations and serve donors in an advocacy/facilitator role. Proactively schedule breakfasts, lunches, and/or Graham Room dinners to enhance Lyric’s relationship with current corporate and foundation members and cultivate prospective new corporate and foundation members.
- Proactively manage follow-ups needed for pending institutional proposals including those for the Chief Development Officer and Senior Directors.
- Expand involvement and provide concierge account service (Bravo Circle support) to portfolio of corporate and foundation funding sources primarily in the $5,000 - $50,000 levels. Build and maintain key relationships with specified corporate and foundation stakeholders; monitor the delivery of donor benefits, striving for value-added results.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Institutional Partnerships and the Associate Director of Guild Board proactively identify and cultivate prospective Guild Board members through corporations
- Collaborate with department members to achieve fundraising goals
- Lead internal research for Lyric event attendee guests pre and post for potential prospects, along with Research Manager and event managers
- Perform other duties related to broader departmental operations and special events, and complete ad-hoc projects, as assigned
- As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
- Ability to attend early morning, evening, and/or weekend functions, deployments, or performances, with increased frequency during the opera season.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.