Writers Theatre is seeking a Stage Management Intern for our production of A NUMBER. The Stage Management Intern will be an essential part of the Production and Stage Management teams for their assigned production. Working alongside the SM and ASM, the Stage Management intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the rehearsal room and tech by providing effective administrative support and directly interacting with Theatre employees, production staff and artists. The ideal candidate for this position will be available for the entire rehearsal period, including pre-production and opening. Reasonable conflicts are negotiable.
Duration: February 19th - March 27th, 2019
Writers Theatre’s internship program is designed for college students and young professionals seeking to gain practical experience in arts administration. Interns are fully integrated into daily operations at the Theatre and are mentored by the Director of Education and individuals in their department. In addition to in-depth mentorship, interns may receive school credit, professional development opportunities and participate in learning seminars. Writers Theatre is located off the Glencoe Metra stop and is also easily accessible via Pace buses. This is an exciting time in the life of Writers Theatre. Interns will not only have the opportunity to learn about the new theatre center, but join the company while we continue to transition into producing a six-show season.
· Earn school credit, if applicable.
· Networking opportunities. WT interns make connections with the industry’s leading professionals.
· A season weekday subscription to Writers Theatre.
· Exclusive backstage access to Writers Theatre events.
· Mentorship from Director of Education and department leadership in your area of focus.
· Opportunities for professional development and to participate in various arts and arts administration seminars.
· Stipend to cover the cost of daily travel expenses to and from the theatre.